Visiting Your Ancestral Town
Have you ever wanted to walk in the footsteps of your ancestors?
“Visiting Your Ancestral Town” encourages you to follow your dreams, gaining a deeper understanding of your family roots as you experience the places where your family once lived.
The second edition has been expanded to include a comprehensive guide to researching your family history, including tips on locating that hard-to-find ancestral town. This is your essential guide to getting the most out of a trip to seek out your family roots.
- Visiting Your Ancestral Town 2nd edition now available at Amazon
or search for an indie bookstore near you.
Published by Columbia-Capstone, 2015
- The book’s 1st edition had an average 5-star rating on Amazon, and was reviewed
by German Life magazine and Bella Online
- More stories of visits to ancestral towns on my blog
SGGEE Conference July 2018
Other Published Writing
- My travel blog
- How Silently the Christmas Spirit Came (Christian Science Monitor, December 2007)
- Cross-cultural Thanksgiving with Turkey in Greece (Seattle Times, November 2003)
Genealogy and family history:
- Genealogy Research: The Basics (Heritage Review, December 2008)
- The Lehr Tabernacle (Heritage Review, March 2007)
- Martha – A Weak Distracted Faith? Or a Strong Bold Faith? (Chrysalis, April 2007)
- Yes You, Yes Now Leadership by Dr. Steven C. Tarr
- Co-editor of the Heritage Review (2006-2009), Germans from Russia Heritage Society
Many of my editing projects are for articles and documents that are not publicly available, but portfolio samples can be provided upon request. Contact me at carolyn[at]carolynschott.com.